Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Holidays


Sunrise after the ice storm in Canton

Here's my update from the last month. We played with the kids a lot, entertained family at our new house for Thanksgiving and then moved the party to my parent's house for Christmas.

The kids the morning of the first good snowstorm. I love how they explore the world together.

Quality time with Uncle Tristan

Preschool has been great for Hadley. She's getting into art projects more and seems to be learning how to participate in group play more. She has learned how to write her name and loves writing long messages covered in the 10 letters she is most comfortable writing. She has finally discovered the concept of: "I want to do it myself Mom". She loves biking and riding her scooter around our neighborhood circle and has become quite the brave sledder. She loves having her own room and is finally a great sleeper & napper. She is perpetually good natured and kind.

Hadley enjoying her favorite snack- bread and cheese

Mr. Eli is a master of communicating without using words. Hopefully the words will be coming soon. Meanwhile we enjoy watching him master his running backwards and crazy climbing moves.

Eli is a quick learner.
He is patient with Hadley's exuberance and they seem to light up each other's bad moods. Eli loves to run into Hadley's room when she wakes up and throw himself on her in her bed. He can most often be found climbing up onto furniture- tables, the couch and the heater. I'm certainly excited for him to start nursery soon and to see him learn how to play with other kids his own age.

I looked in the kitchen one afternoon and found Eli attacking a bar of cheese with a vegetable peeler.

He's very resourceful in solving problems on his own by using any manner of implement. He certainly wants to be doing whatever Hadley is doing and gets very frustrated when we stop him.

Eli has found a new comfort item- this time he carries a spatula around the house and to naptime. It also is an awesome implement for splashing in the tub.

Eli loves squeegeeing the shower. He is so meticulous about it. I love it.

Yet another video showing common household antics.

In other news, I may have finally ironed out our flood insurance- which has been a real headache. I have 2 new tutoring students and have really been enjoying working with them. Josh is enjoying early morning basketball before work and has finished most of our minor house fix-up projects, so is back to fine woodworking. We don't have callings yet, which has been really different, but it is certainly more relaxing. We've had lots of family walk time and fun cooking time. Yay for quality family time! 
I don't think I have our "pot wall" recorded anywhere else. Its been a fun challenge to make space for all of our kitchen gear in a smaller kitchen.
 That's it for now! I'm excited to see what changes the new year will bring.

No comments: