Monday, May 20, 2013

The Transformers

What a spring it has been! Whew. We've definitely been keeping busy. 
Josh's little job search turned into a new job for him so as a result of that and his frenetic renovation pace, we decided to put our house on the market this summer to see if it will sell. Who knows!
I have been wanting to post some before and after pictures because it is interesting to me and I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the transformation.

My husband has vision. 

I wanted to buy this house because of the sun room. He wanted it because of the shop. The crazy renovation potential was just an aside. A really big aside. So I provided the down payment and he said he would provide the man-hours, and we bought our first house!

We had a 5 year plan to renovate the addition. Its been almost 3 years and he's finished already.
Enjoy the transformation.

the front yard before
The old downstairs
the new downstairs
old downstairs bathroom
new downstairs bathroom
the large upstairs room

upstairs room split into master bedroom,
hallway & stairway,
and master bath
old upstairs room
another random upstairs room
new bedroom upstairs
another new bedroom
original front kitchen
just a minor change in painting

one of the 2 original weed ponds/drowning hazards
Our little side yard  
The miracle worker & his trusty side-kick
While these pictures can't possibly display the labor that went into leveling all of the floors, redoing all of the plumbing & wiring, tearing down walls & rebuilding new ones, spackling, sanding & painting, cutting out the old elevator and bulldozing the yard, I think they do show a bit of difference.
Now he is on to building furniture, which is what he really wanted to do from the very begininning.

My husband the handy-man extraordinaire. He gets to provide the downpayment on the next house :)

5 comments:

Mary Lu said...

That is amazing. Josh did such a great job! It looks awesome. Way to go!

Candace said...

The place looks wonderful in the real
estate listing. Josh i have some new furniture ideas for you that I cut out of a magazine that I think you might like. Mom

Brian & Kyla said...

Wow! I can't imagine all the time and effort that took. Looks great!

Victoria Blanchard said...

Unbelieveable! The talent, skill, patience, and work ethic all astound me!

Jonina said...

Hooray! Where's the new job?