Thursday, March 7, 2013

Doldrums of March

We finally made our first snowman of the season this morning. I liked that there was no pressure to make a huge snowman- hadley size was sufficient. Quick and satisfying.
Hadley picked up a board book version of the Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch at the library. We rediscovered it together yesterday and then I asked her to read it to me. Enjoy. (If you know the book, this toddler talk is a little easier to follow...)
Meanwhile Eli was done with his oatmeal and ready to move on to the next activity.
We finally got around to organizing the toys into bins to cut down on the pile clutter in the living room. I am so grateful for a husband who can put up with my piles for just long enough and then helps me clean up all of my messes to make our home a less pack-ratish type of place. I'll get around to clearing off the top of the chest soon. I hate decorating and don't care enough about the aesthetic feel of anything to create a cutesy playroom, but this is functional so that's good enough for me! Hadley is loving the organized spaces and does really well at cleaning up on her own.
We've had a crazy number of snow days this winter, and as a result Josh is almost done in the back of the house. He's finishing the floor and ceiling trim right now, but wouldn't let me take pictures yet because he hasn't caulked it yet (since those nail holes would totally show up in the quality pictures that I take...). So pictures will be forthcoming. 
He's almost done with grad school and we're going through another round of job searching just for fun. 
We're working on training hadley to hike for our big camping trip at the end of the month. She still likes picking up every stick and pinecone she finds, but at least she likes being outside in the cold. Eli can finally sit up on his own, so now he can ride in the hiking backpack much easier.
Hadley has called everyone that she knows on her toy phone to ask if they will be coming camping with us, so I hope you all know that you've committed to come hiking.
Happy snow day to all! 

2 comments:

kate said...

What kind of hiking backpack do you have? Our baby backpack is proving to be less useful as Clara loses circulation to her legs unless you hold them up.

Unknown said...

Hadley reads Paper Bag Princess like a pro! LOVE it. And Eli is going to have some GREAT oblique muscles with moves like those.
:)