Monday, March 23, 2015

Ending the snowiest winter on record in Boston

It was a really fun winter. Lots of snow in a very short amount of time and the weather has been steadily improving over the last couple weeks. Its going to take a while to melt the several feet of snow that we have left in the yard, but so far we've had no flooding- so that's great.

These photos are from the 1st storm at the end of january. Snow above hadley's head from just one storm. Then it just kept piling up higher and higher. We have a snowman buried in our front yard still. I'm looking forward to finding that scarf & hat when all the snow finally melts.

As a result of all the snow, which was too deep to really be fun for Eli to play in, we've had lots of fun inside over the winter. I've been incredibly grateful for central heat this year. And for our recently insulated house w/ a new roof- we didn't get a single icicle on our roof when everyone around us were struggling w/ ice dams & leaking roofs.

Super Hadley is such a great big sister. She is teaching Eli how to make incredible block fortresses and she loves hiding objects for him and then leading him to find them. I love listening to them chatting together at night, in their bed that they share. They do such a good job comforting each other.

If you've never microwaved a bar of Ivory soap, drop everything & go buy a bar & then prepare to be amazed. It is SO COOL. We had a lot of fun with a book called Dad's Awesome Science Experiments 

 Grandma gave us a lap harp and Hadley is becoming a pro. Its fun to hear her make music on the harp and her guitar. She certainly knows how to make a joyful noise.

 We made a diaper cake for a Mutual Activity & Hadley wanted to try making one herself, so we spent a morning rolling Eli's diapers & dressing this up with every ribbon fragment in the house.


I flew out to St. George in February for a few days with my Grandma. It was wonderful to relax with her and listen to her stories. I also really enjoyed watching her interact with her friends in her facility. Those ladies take good care of each other. It was also really nice to warm up and enjoy the sunlight again. Grandma and Carol were amazing hostesses and it was so nice to have a kid-free vacation & to sleep through the night.




Meanwhile, Josh was super dad- up on a neighbor's roof clearing ice dams, parenting round the clock, and renovating our bathroom. He is my greatest blessing.

Josh got a new job and we've been celebrating. We've gone on 4 dates in the last 2 months, have enjoyed several visits with the Wards and have enjoyed lots of game nights.
I'm looking forward to the Spring and playing outside again, but it looks like we survived & thrived through yet another long winter!

2 comments:

Alma (Mom or Grandma) said...

I like the pictures and I specially liked the St.George visit!

Alma (Mom or Grandma) said...

I like the pictures and I specially liked the St.George visit!