Spring is in reach. I know it. Deep down, I know it.
When I look back at my March posts from the last 3 years I see pictures with us playing outside with no snow & short sleeve shirts. There is hope :)
Josh has even started planning our garden, and he normally leaves that entirely up to me. He keeps asking when we are going to start seeds. Ha.
But right now, this is what we have:
At least its a cute house, even if it is covered in snow.
We've played outside a lot this winter, or at least gone on lots and lots of walks in the snow this year. Snow play is awfully hard for kids when the snow is so deep they can't move. We did have one good day sledding down our hill. That should be fun in years to come.
My cute kid-still totally non-verbal, but certainly expressive. We're supposed to evaluate for speech therapy in 2 months. Oh how I hope & pray he'll start talking by then.
Look- I'm in a picture on the blog! Its my half birthday today. 31.5. Go Me!
I look really tired here. Pretty normal, i guess.
Hadley has been really enjoying all of our games- Bananagrams, Blokus, Acquire & Quiddler are her favorites. She loves writing out really long strings of letters and then sounding them out or making up meanings for the "words". Its also fun to help her actually sound out and write real phrases. This was a recent email that hadley typed all on her own:
"hi rachl kod yu kal us aftr u pik up julia -hadley eli"
The perfectionist in me cringes, but I am so proud of her for her enthusiasm for writing.
| I was so proud of myself for coming up with this activity. Entertainment for a good half an hour! |
Other entertainment, of the less educational type:
Eli ran away from getting his teeth brushed a while ago and decided he hadn't had quite enough of dad's hummus. He finished the whole container quickly.
Hadley on a recent Sunday morning. Mom- does she look at all like me here? She gets to sing with the Primary for Ward Conference this Sunday and she is so excited to finally be with the big kids on the stand.
That's about it for now! Hopefully it will actually look like spring the next time I post.
No comments:
Post a Comment