Sunday, October 6, 2013

a little update

Eli started walking two weeks ago. It has been fun to compare his early walking to that of Hadley. She walked 2 months earlier developmentally so it is interesting to see how much more confident & physically able he is now.


He loves rocking this chair.

I was reflecting as I nursed Eli this evening about our relationship over the last year. Exactly a year ago I was in the middle of the most painful nursing challenges I could imagine. It didn't get better for a very long time and I was certainly depressed and not terribly happy about our eating & sleeping relationship. I was ready to give up nursing him and I would cry every time I heard him wake up through the night. We've made progress. I love the way this little kid is growing up into a real human being. I am SO looking forward to moving next week and re-sleep-training him (& hadley) in our new house with DOORS on the bedrooms. One of these nights I am going to actually sleep through the night and then watch out world! I might actually start to feel like myself again. Mothering is hard, hard, work, but its getting better and I'm grateful for this opportunity and blessing to spend my days with these two incredible kids.

2 comments:

Jonina said...

You can do it!

Joy said...

You're an amazing mother!! I look up to you all the time. Good luck!!