Friday, November 4, 2011

Another friday post

Today has been one of those days where I have been incredibly grateful to be able to stay home with my daughter. We have run around outside, cuddled, danced, cooked, laughed and done errands together.

 (This is part of the child development series that Dana mentioned that I fill my blog with)

It is astonishing to me to watch how much Hadley is in full imitation mode and how much she is watching every move I make.

She was trying so hard to brush her teeth and floss like I was doing. She figured out how to pull the handkerchief out of my pocket, blow her own nose and the put the handkerchief back in my pocket. She stomps around in the snow and leaves like me. She tilts her head to the side and laughs like we do to her. She nuzzles into my shoulder the way she sees me do it to Josh. She is working so hard to figure out how to drink out of a cup like us. She tries to put her stuffed bear back into the stroller like I do. She hangs up the socks on the drying rack with me and loves to give me clothespins as I hang up the laundry on the line. She loves watching me put together puzzles and color and tries to do it just like I do. She imitates the motions we do for different songs and parts of books. She wants to read whatever I am reading and yes, she wants to just do whatever I am doing at any time.


Josh caught Hadley sitting outside attacking an apple in each hand. We were both unloading groceries so she just decided to plop down and entertain herself.

We don't have any dolls for Hadley yet so she is learning the body parts of stuffed animals (she loves pointing out the nose and eyes) and enjoys dancing with them.



  Just for comparison's sake-this is a picture of Hadley from exactly a year ago. My how we have progressed...
Do I ever feel like I am being watched? Oh yes... No pressure at all.

2 comments:

Brian & Kyla said...

What a cutie. I know I was amazed the first time I saw Chyler touch the hand sanitizer and then start rubbing her hands together like I do. They really are watching us! By the way, I am thoroughly impressed by Hadley's apple eating skills :)

Marilyn said...

So cute, what a little character!