Monday, June 30, 2014

June, June, June

This face totally captures Eli's personality currently
Its been a really good month. School is out and we're in full vacation mode. What could be better?

Hadley's last day of preschool
Who else's husband just makes a harmonograph for fun?
It was a great end of the school year project.











Eli preferred to watch the library petting zoo from a safe distance.
He did actually pet the bunnies and was so proud of himself for that.
We enjoyed a few gorgeous weeks of early summer at home. I love that my kids can play outside all day and that we have a great space for that. Eli, dear Eli, is usually such a happy sweet kid, but he really was not a huge fan of the sprinkler.

He is in such an interesting developmental place right now. I wish I could figure him out more. I share videos like this mainly so I can remember moments around our home and what my kids were like for me to look back on in the future.


Eli was not terribly happy about this hiding place.
We've had our first couple visits with the speech therapist for Eli and we're starting to see a bit of progress using baby signing. I wanted to capture a video of his current speech so I can hopefully look back on this phase in the future with fond remembrance of my overly concerned parenting of a very special kiddo.
We packed up the main floor of our house, moved all the furniture downstairs & josh is working around the clock on intense home renovations. I'm so excited to see our newly refinished home in a few weeks when we're allowed to return. He's been enjoying our excellent crop of snow peas and lettuce. I've been sad to miss our first year of a real garden, but hopefully there will still be some great food to come throughout the rest of the summer.
The kids and I are up visiting my parents for the month. This is becoming a fun summer ritual. They are such good sports to put up with us - especially the 2 kids that totally disrupt their idyllic empty-nester lifestyle. But oh it is fun to play at Grandma & Grandpa's house.
We now have a gorgeous cabin to sleep in while in the North Country- which has been so fun for the kids. Not so fun for me yet, but hopefully the insulation will stop off-gassing soon, so I can breathe clearly down there. Thank goodness the kids don't seem to be as sensitive as I am.
Isn't that a truism for my life in general? My kids are the best happy duo I could ask for.
The toddler outlook on life is pretty sweet too.
 We get to go strawberry picking tomorrow and will probably spend lots more time at the town beach over the next couple weeks. What a luxurious life we live. Josh will come up to join us this weekend and then we can celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary together. It has been such an incredibly wonderful journey so far. I feel like the luckiest woman and mother out there. Here's to many more years together!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Eli has grown so much! I can hardly believe it.
Looks like a lovely summer. :)