Sunday, February 5, 2012

The bean baby

Our little one likes her beans. She loved picking green beans and eating them out of the garden. She will eat handfuls and handfuls of pinto, black, white or kidney beans straight out of the pot. She picks the beans out of soup and squeals "bean!" in excitement. So naturally when I was trying to come up with an activity to do one dragging morning, I thought of beans. It is currently our go-to activity for whenever times get dull around here. These kidney beans have been seeing a lot of action.

I love watching her decide what she is in the mood to do with the beans every day. She is also quite particular about when they fall on the floor and making sure she picks up every single one. We like to encourage that particular behavior.



Yet another bean video. Hey-I haven't posted in months, and this is what we ended up with on the camera... She is also pretty good at making a mess when she so desires.


Her vocabulary is exploding and it is so fun to try to figure out what she is talking about. Josh finally figured out that she says "Mile!" (Smile) whenever she sees the camera and wants her picture taken.
Yay for February! Should be a great month.

3 comments:

Victoria Blanchard said...

What a cutie! And that's great she likes beans so much---Katie is very off and on with them.

Rachel said...

So cute!! Jason says that Julia could use some lessons from Hadley on delicate bean handling... Julia was trying to brainstorm what kind of birthday cake Hadley might want to eat on Julia's birthday -- she thought Hadley might prefer jelly beans over Skittles. Hadley's probably never eaten either, though she is familiar with the rutabega. We love you and think of you often!

kjerstina said...

I haven't looked at blogs for so long, but Hadley is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe how grown up she is. And of course she will be into healthy legumes like her padres. Hope you are well!