This is one happy child. I am a happy mother. Parenting is so much more fun when your child can communicate, move, respond (and sleeps through the night). I love that she comes and leans on my shoulder when she is ready for a nap. She looks for me and raises her hand to hold mine when she wants to walk down stairs. I love that she brings me a book when she wants to be read to (and then hands it to me again and again when she wants it repeated). I even love when she tugs on my shirt to tell me that she is hungry. It is nice to finally know (at least partially) what she wants.
She has been walking everywhere for about a week now. I finally pulled out the camera on Monday to capture a couple moments.
I love how she steers her direction with her arms and by leaning so her whole center of mass makes her turn.
There are also many new sounds and words that have appeared over the last week. Last night as we drove back from NH, Hadley was making monster sounds into a tupperware. Nothing quite like hearing your child growl to herself to lighten your mood.
3 comments:
we've all watched that last clip at least a dozen times.....
SO cute!!
:0)
Is it just me or does she look much more Myler than McKnight? (Katie is totally a Blanchard babe.)
I love reading your thoughts about mothering! It helps me slow down and think about all of the small moments that are filled with happiness.
Post a Comment